In today’s One Year Bible reading, we read, “Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God. Giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me” (Psalm 50:14,23).
I’ve always admired those who are positive and thankful, and have noted the joy their lives exhibit. I want to be that kind of person. How about you? Thankfulness is a sacrifice that not only honors God, but it benefits us as well.
- Thankfulness changes our focus, and thus our attitude.
- Thankfulness encourages us when times are difficult, because thankfulness reminds us of God’s faithfulness.
- Thankfulness guards our hearts from having an ungrateful, entitlement mentality.
- Thankfulness makes us more fun to be around.
- Thankfulness not only shows God our appreciation and value for him, it can demonstrate our appreciation and value for others as well.
- Thankfulness helps us focus on what we have rather than on what we don’t have.
- Thankfulness continually reminds us about what is good in ourlives when we are tempted to get bogged down by the junk.
Lord, today I offer you the sacrifice of thankfulness. I will look for and make note of every blessing I see today and give you thanks. In fact, Lord, I want to see how many times I can say thank you to you today! Amen.
In the comments section below, feel free to mention what else thankfulness does for us.